Public Input and Engagement Meetings
A summary and resources from Ferndale School District Town Hall meetings.
June 11 | Pre-Design Phase Bond Plan Town Hall
Summary: On Tuesday June 11, the Ferndale School District held a Town Hall meeting attended by approximately 75 people to discuss plans for the Ferndale High School bond project. The agenda for the evening included an introduction to the team from Dykeman Architects and an overview of timeline and budget. There was an opportunity for public input via Thoughtexchange and a ‘visioning’ process which included group discussion and sharing. We recorded much of the meeting and that recording is available along with a link to the Thoughtexchange results and photos from the event.
Town Hall Resources
- Meeting PowerPoint Presentation Slides
- Timeline Schedule Visual
- Visioning and Ed. Spec Process Visual
- FHS Design Process Overview Visual
- Thoughtexchange Questions and Comments Report
- Town Hall Video Recording (Includes quick navigation guide in video description. Note, recording of meeting includes majority of the Town Hall meeting, excluding only the attendees group activity workshop time and Thoughtexchange input time)
- Town Hall Event Photos
- Design Advisory Committee Information (Application due by July 31, 2019)
- Group Activity Input Documents – Town Hall attendees participated in table activities designed to generate public input. The results from each activity are captured in full and presented at the following links. The input statements have not been edited for accuracy.
- Wishes and Wonders – During this activity, each table group generated lists of “Wishes” and “Wonders” about the future Ferndale High School. Those thoughts were written down and shared verbally at the event. Click here to see a list of the Wishes and Wonders input.
- Keep, Start, Stop – During this activity, each table generated lists of what they recommended the District “Keep”, “Start” and “Stop”. Each group presented items from their lists and the written input was captured in the following document. Click here to view the document of Keep, Start, Stop input.